Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Poll report - Exeter Township, PA (Route 92)

I voted this morning around 8:00 AM. The line was twice as long as it has been in the 2004 election, and I waited in line for about 10 minutes. Surprisingly, there were no people handing out leaflets or scorecards outside at the time. As usual, the Mount Zion Volunteer Fire Company had coffee and various refreshments available for sale - hey, I had to plug the organization I belong to.

I took my 3 year old and 1 year old with me to the polls this morning, and someone actually asked me if they voted too. Being the wise ass I am, I told them, "yes, Acorn registered them."


Needless to say, I voted straight republican. Just for kicks - since she had no opposition - I did push the button for Phyllis Mundy as well. I may get some heat from my republican friends for saying this, but I think Phyllis Mundy has done a decent job in representing her constituents. What I like most about her is that she makes herself available to people. That says a lot. She pushed for some measures I supported, including:
  • Act 23 (2006), Ounce of Prevention Act: provides grants to voluntary organizations aimed at preventing child abuse.
  • 20% discount on malpractice premiums
  • Fought against public utility surcharge increases
  • Funding to repair the 8th Street bridge
She also pushed for things that I don't support, including repealing Ridge's social program cuts.

I also voted "nope" for the bond issue.

No comments: