Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Please allow me to introduce myself

...didn't mean to rip off the Rolling Stones, but I couldn't find a better one liner to start my first blog entry.

I am a die hard conservative republican who also believes in preserving the US Constitution. After running for office in 2008 I realized that there is no place for an honest person in politics - funny how people complain about crooked politicians but don't want to support one who isn't.

My former competitor in business who eventually became my friend (Eddy, the Angry Republican) stopped blogging a while ago while battling throat cancer. He eventually moved to Texas to be closer to his daughter to spend the rest of his life in hospice. Sadly, Eddy died two weeks ago. I was fortunate to be one of the few people to be in the room when he passed on. I made a promise to Eddy that I would continue his rants and ravings online by starting a blog of my own.

Eddy - this one's for you. I know you're probably rolling in your grave, but I hope you're looking down with Dutch looking at this nation and our once great party with pity.

No comments: