Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain set to announce VP choice today

It's no secret that I am still on the fence about the Presidential race this year. Neither candidate will do any good for our nation: both candidates are a joke. Every time I hear McCain and GOP Presidential candidate in the same sentence, I cringe - it makes me wonder if there are any real republicans left standing. Every time I point out the faults of our party and make even a mere mention that the GOP is not the same party as it was 20 years ago (or even 20 months ago), I get a lot of hate mail and reminders as to why the republican elite despises me.

Yes, our party has lost its way. McCain as our candidate is proof of this. I am unsure of whether I should vote for the white haired dude - I mean RINO - or the guy who actually admits to being a liberal.

The self-proclaimed maverick is set to announce his VP choice this afternoon. I will fully comment on his - I mean the GOP's - selection when the time comes. If you don't know by now, the party really selects the running mate. Remember Reagan's personal pick being thrown out the window?

Even though the media isn't making this selection to be a nail biter like they did for their messiah I will probably sit at the edge of my seat this afternoon waiting to find out.

Oh.. I almost forgot: Senator McCain, all politics aside, happy 72nd birthday.

No comments: