Friday, August 29, 2008

Dan Meuser leaves Pride, stays in politics

Gort, thanks for bringing this one up :)

This is from his site:

A few days ago Meuser announced that he departing Pride Mobility to pursue a full-time career in public service. He has been on an extended leave of absence from the firm after losing his bid for the Republican nomination in Pennsylvania's 10th Congressional District in the April primary.
.
.
"I have always had a strong interest in government affairs on the federal, state and local level. My recent venture into politics, combined with my leadership of Pride Mobility’s government affairs initiatives, solidified my desire to pursue community- and government-related endeavors full time,” Meuser said in a press release. “I am grateful to be in a position to pursue my ambitions, and look forward to continuing my active involvement with initiatives that ideally, will benefit the residents in our local communities and beyond.”

The full story can be found on gort42.blogspot.com

My opinion:
I have had the opportunity to meet and speak with Dan. While I don't know him as well as others do, I must admit that he left quite a positive first impression.

Meuser is definitely grooming himself for another shot at office somewhere in the region. There is no doubt in my mind that with the right people around him, Dan Meuser can be a fine politician and would do well representing the people he seeks to get support from. I would not be surprised if he is planning to vie for another chance for Congress in 2010 (or perhaps the Senate). The PA GOP officials are still shell shocked over the primary election and my guess is that the party elitists are a little reluctant to throw their support behind Hackett: they'll support him anyway because he is who the voters chose and they would rather see a republican in office than Carney.


Unfortunately, if you are judged by the company you keep, then Meuser's self-proclaimed henchman Kevin (AKA kar) provides a less floral picture of the man. Kar is a loose cannon who hasn't one ounce of class, decency, or brain cells. Every time Kar opens his mouth, he tarnishes Dan's image. Kar's negative attitude, over-competitive nature, and desire to put everyone down (to make himself feel better - probably to compensate for something) are not exactly the characteristics I would want representing my organization - I am certain that as a successful businessman Meuser would not want that either. I just hope that Meuser realizes that he has an idiot like Kar representing him and that this is an issue that needs to be addressed if he wants any chance of a successful political career.

I sincerely wish Dan Meuser a lot of luck in his endeavors and would be willing to support him in the future.

No comments: